Welcome Letter from Principal
September 1, 2016
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Welcome to the 2016 -2017 school year at Deans Mill School! We are extremely excited to start the year and offer outstanding learning opportunities for all students. To start the year off, we would like to share some our core beliefs:
- All students can learn and succeed
- High expectations for all students
- Strong relationships are essential to success
- Collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Set goals and celebrate success
- Have fun learning
As we embark on the school, we are excited with a number of initiatives that are currently taking place at Deans Mill School. Some include:
- New Bucket Challenges have been created to excite students about being kind to others and engaging in positive behavior
- Implementation of YouBlock in grades 1-4 to support all learners - more information to come!
- Full implementation of the Eureka Math Program K-4
- A new website for Deans Mill School and the Stonington Public Schools
- The return of the DMS Fall Festival sponsored by the PTO
We are fortunate to have such outstanding students, dedicated educators, and supportive parents that make up the Deans Mill Community. Through collaboration, dedication, and hard work, we strive to promote an optimal environment for all learners.
We look forward to a great year of learning, relationship building, and fun!
Jenn McCurdy & Tom Bousquet