What is the Student Senate?
In an effort to increase student leadership opportunities, the Deans Mill School Student Senate initiated in 2014. Student Senators work to help all students at DMS build character, improve relationships, help out the community, and have fun! Meetings take place bi-weekly during a lunch period.
- Must be enrolled in 3rd or 4th grade
- Students must complete an application stating why he/she is interested in being a Student Senator
- Willingness to participate and possibly speak at Community Gatherings
- Display strong character and follow the DMS Wish
- Must make strong effort to attend meetings and events
- A senator can only serve one year unless other students in his/her class are not interested in the position.
Interested students are selected on a lottery basis. One boy and one girl are selected from each 3rd and 4th grade homeroom.
- Pennies for Playgrounds
- Pet Food Drive
- Mix it Up Lunch
- DMS Spirit Days
- Holiday Helpers Drive
- Presentation to the Stonington Board of Education.