Welcome Letter from Principal
August 24, 2017
Dear Parents & Guardians,
Welcome to the 2017 -2018 school year at Deans Mill School! We are extremely excited to start the year and offer outstanding learning opportunities for all students. To start the year off, we would like to share some our core beliefs:
- All students can learn and succeed
- High expectations for all students
- Strong relationships are essential to success
- Collaboration amongst all stakeholders
- Set goals and celebrate success
- Have fun learning
As we embark on the school, we are excited to share with you some recent developments at Deans Mill School
- Our new addition is starting to be built and the building project is underway!
- Recess will be blacktop only but we have new games
- DMS received a $3,000 grant from SEF to focus on developing a growth mindset in all of our students. The community will hear more about this each month in our DMS Newsflash!
- YouBlock will continue in grades 1-4 to provide additional targeted instruction for ALL students (intervention, practice/application, and enrichment).
- Our second grade teachers will team up and focus on specific content areas this year (like grades 2 & 4). Therefore students will have one teacher for ELA/SS and then a second teacher for Math/Science.
- New Bucket Challenges!
We are fortunate to have such outstanding students, dedicated educators, and supportive parents that make up the Deans Mill Community. Through collaboration, dedication, and hard work, we strive to promote an optimal environment for all learners.
We look forward to a great year of learning, relationship building, and fun!
Jenn McCurdy & Tom Bousquet