Returning to School Plans:
We welcomed back the 6th-grade students to in-person learning as phase one of the district's plan to return all SPS students to the school buildings. I am pleased to announce the dates for the other grades.
- The 7th-grade students will return on Monday, March 29, 2021
- The 8th-grade students will return on Monday, April 5, 2021
We will accomplish this by -
- Students currently in full-distance learning will be able to come to school or may stay in full-distance learning.
- We encourage families to use the school bus transportaion.
- Any student returning to the school from distance learning should call the bus company to arrange the bus stops and times. The bus company's phone number is (860)599-0838. (Students in Cohorts A & B who have already been coming to school 2 days per week do not need to call.)
- We will announce an adjusted parent pick-up procedure and times by March 29th.
- When the 7th-grade returns on March 29th, all areas of the school will be reset with the new three-foot social distancing standard where feasible.
- Additional barriers will be added to the cafeteria table as we increase the capacity.
- When the 8th grade returns we will add a fourth lunch wave.
- All students will remain in their homeroom cohorts for the rest of the year, and the teachers, not the students, will continue to move to each homeroom class to teach their subjects. Students will continue to use their backpacks in the classrooms. Lockers will not be issued.