Health & Wellness
Gloria Murray-DeBiasi, RN, BSN
Health Services Coordinator
Office: (860) 599-2845
- Health and Wellness Staff
- Stonington Public Schools School Health Information
- Policies and Protocols
- Immunization Requirements
- Medication Forms
- Sports Forms
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Scoliosis Screening
- Concussion Education Plan
- Food Allergy Information
- Mobile Dental Program School Visit Dates
Pam Schroeder, RN - Stonington High School
Carol Wollschlager, RN - Mystic Middle School
Karen Chapman, RN - Pawcatuck Middle School
Lori Tavares, RN - Deans Mill School
Elizabeth Bessette, RN - West Vine Street School
Karen Rollins, RN - West Vine Street School
Marisa Longolucco, RN - District Screening Nurse
Debra Smith - Julie Tyron - Rachael Bucko
Early Childhood Health Assessment Record - *Pre-K only *Requires parent/guardian signature and health care provider signature
Health Assessment Record - *Grades K-12*Requires parent/guardian signature and health care provider signature.
Release of Information for Parents - Transfer of Confidential Student Information - HIPPA
Emergency Care Plan & Medical Authorization Form
*Must be completed by medical provider - this form is used for Epi-pen administration
Asthma Medication Authorization and Asthma Action Plan
Every year hearing and vision screenings are conducted on students in our schools as required by Connecticut General Statutes for grades K-5. Grade 6 screenings are completed by the Medical Provider during the physical exam. If a vision or hearing problem is suspected, the student will be rechecked at a second screening. If further consultation is recommended, parents will be notified in writing of the findings and will be asked to seek further medical evaluation. If you have any questions concerning the screenings, please contact the school nurse.
The State of Connecticut mandates that school nurses conduct postural screenings for female students in grades 5 and 7 and male students in grade 8. School nurses will be performing this screening during the months of March and April. The purpose of this program is to recognize the signs of spinal curvature at its earliest stages so that the need for treatment can be determined.
If further consultation is recommended, parents will be notified of the findings and will be asked to seek further evaluation from their own physician.
Scoliosis Screening: Letter to Parents
- Stonington Public Schools contracts with Community Health Center - Mobile Dental Program. The dental hygienist will visit our schools in the fall of 2018. Contact your school nurse for questions and enrollment.
- The online link for registration is www.SBHC1.com
- Mobile Dental Program Visit Schedule:
Scheduled for April 2019
- The School-Based Mobile Dental Program is offered here at Stonington Public Schools for the benefit of the students.
In-School Services Provided
• Oral Health Education
The following fees/charges apply to Community Health Center, Inc.’s Mobile Dental Program:
• For patients enrolled in HUSKY/Medicaid, services are 100% covered through Husky/Medicaid with no additional fees or charges
.• For patients with private dental insurance, services are billed to insurance. Patient/Family is responsible for any deductible and/or co-pay
• For patients with no dental insurance the following fees apply:·
$30 for Dental Hygiene visit (cleaning, x-rays, fluoride)·
$18 per visit for exam by the Dentist
$25 per visit for sealants
Enrollment is accepted year around, and once enrolled it remains active until high school graduation. In fact, if you move to another town where CHC provides school-based services, your enrollment will continue. To begin receiving services, please go to www.SBHC1.com to sign up quickly and easily online!
Or print and complete the enrollment form found here. Please note all parts of this registration/enrollment form must be completed, signed and returned to the School Nurse or the School Main Office before your child can receive services:
- Download the form in English or in Spanish