- SPS Summer Learning Newsletter
- District Assessment Calendar
- Student Registration
- Health and Wellness
- Stonington Public Schools School Health News and Updates
- District Forms
- Lunch Menus
- Report Card Dates, Conferences and Academic Progress Dates
- District Calendar
- Working Papers
- Additional Resources
- Bus Routes
Stonington Public Schools uses an online enrollment program, PowerSchool Enrollment, for student registration.
New Student Registration Instructions
NEW students, please contact the school that you are registering your child for. You will receive an e-mail from email@example.com with instructions for completing the online registration.
2019-2020 Immunization Requirements
PLEASE NOTE: Registration is not complete until you establish residency at your child's school and health records have been approved.
RETURNING students, please click on the PowerSchool Parent Portal link to complete your student's registration.
Severe Pulmonary Disease Associated with Using E-Cigarette Products
The following official Health Advisory is from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Website located at https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/han00421.asp
Update on Lung Injury Associated with E-Cigarette Use or Vaping
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is working with the Food and Drug Administration, state health departments, and public health and clinical partners to investigate the multistate outbreak of lung injury associated with e-cigarette product use, or vaping. The most up-to-date, publicly available information on this investigation, including CDC recommendations, can be found on the CDC’s website at: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html. CDC Newsroom also provides the latest news and is located at https://www.cdc.gov/media/
What You Need to Know
- Though the investigation is ongoing, and the specific chemical exposure causing the outbreak remains unknown at this time, today’s report provides the first national comprehensive data on the characteristics of cases reported to CDC, including sex, age, and select substances used in e-cigarette, or vaping products.
- The latest findings from the investigation into lung injuries associated with e-cigarette use, or vaping, suggest products containing THC play a role in the outbreak.
- Most of the patients (77%) in this outbreak reported using THC-containing products, or both THC-containing products and nicotine-containing products.
- A second report published today in MMWR from Wisconsin and Illinois had similar findings regarding the use of products containing THC. The report contains more details on the characteristics of cases in those states, including demographics, as well as substances and product types used.
- While this investigation is ongoing, CDC recommends people consider refraining from using e-cigarette, or vaping, products, particularly those containing THC.
- If you are an adult who used e-cigarettes containing nicotine to quit cigarette smoking, do not return to smoking cigarettes.
- If you have recently used an e-cigarette or vaping product and you have symptoms like those reported in this outbreak, see a healthcare provider.
- Regardless of the ongoing investigation, e-cigarette or vaping products should not be used by youth, young adults, women who are pregnant, as well as adults who do not currently use tobacco products.
ED 166 Disciplinary Offense Record (Revised 2/2014)
Special Education Forms
Please visit our Health and Wellness page for the current district forms.
School Year Menus:
Beverages and alternative selections for each school are listed on the first page of each month:
Kindergarten through 12 - October
School Nutrition Network - Includes some great information as well as a physical fitness tracker that can be used by parents, students and teachers. Check it out!!
All 6 of Stonington's schools are now enrolled in Team Nutrition. If you would like to join your school's "Team Nutrition" contact Becky Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report Card Flyer - Trimester 1
Report Card Flyer - Trimester 2
Report Card Flyer - Trimester 3
Middle School Conferences and Report Card Dates
Stonington High School
Stonington High School Reporting Academic Progress Dates
How to Apply for Working Papers
- Current SHS students can obtain working papers from the High School Guidance Office. Non-Students and out of town applicants can obtain them at Central Administration Business Office. Please call the business office at 860-572-0506 to be sure staff is available.
- Applicant must be present at time of application
- Click Here for a check list from the Connecticut Department of Labor to be sure you have everything you need.
- Click Here to make sure the job and hours you have been hired for is permitted by the State of Connecticut.
- Connecticut residents applying for work in another state must obtain their working papers in that jurisdiction.
- Connecticut residents intending to work in Rhode Island may call the Westerly Superintendent's Office at 401-348-2700 for instructions. The Westerly Superintendent's office is located at 23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI (the former Babcock Hall School).
Bullying Letter - Fall Notification
Kindergarten Registration Information
PowerSchool Parent Portal
SPS Professional Social Media List
Tylenol/Motrin Administration Parent Letter
Stonington Public Schools Section 504 Grievance Procedure
Student Discrimination Notice
Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center
Weekender Backpack Food Program
Milk and food for 6 meals per enrolled child to take home for the weekend.
Click below for more information:
PNC Backpack Program